Sunday, May 6, 2012

Laundry Accessories Part I

     Where do you store your lint rollers, and other small accessories used for laundry? Below are some ideas I use in my home! As mentioned previously, I live in a small apartment, and I am always looking for ways to maximize space in my home.  Using the inside of cabinets is one way I do this! 

 Lint Rollers
     I bought Command hooks (you know the kind that peel and stick, and don't cause damage to your walls).  They have all different kinds, and you can find them at many retailers.  I buy mine at Target.  I affixed the hooks to the inside of my linen/hallway closet, and then hung my lint rollers from the hooks.  Just be sure that if you affix to a linen closet that you place the hooks in a place where when you shut the door, the rollers don't stick your linens. 



The water cup for your iron/steamer
      Some irons/steamers come with that little water cup to help make filling the device easier.  While it is helpful, I was bothered with the fact that I never had a place to put it, and it just got tossed somewhere.  This caused me difficulty because when I actually wanted to use it, I couldn't find it.  So, my solution? Attach 3M Self Adhesive Velcro Fasteners to one side of the cup, and the other side of the Velcro to the inside of the cabinet. Voila! (I use self adhesive Velcro for so many things! It is a staple to have around my home!) 
      I will write another post in the future about other items I affix with Velcro.  You can buy the Velcro at many different retailers, I purchase mine from Target (it comes in black, and white). You can buy precut strips, or a roll of it, and cut it to size.  I usually purchase roll and cut my own sizes. I believe I pay around $10 for the roll.  It's worth the cost--because you can use the product to affix so many random things you have in your home, and by affixing them to the inside of cabinets and closets, you eliminate clutter and maximize space!





Sweater Shaver and other odds and ends
      Okay, first of all if you don't have a Sweater Shaver, I recommend getting one! They are fabulous for getting rid of those annoying pils that wind up on your sweaters, and other items of clothing.  The one I use was purchased at Target, and it is made by Evercare (I believe it cost my around $10).  Link below is from a site a found that sells it for $7.99. 
      Now back to the purpose of this blog----how do I store the Sweater Shaver, and or other accessories.  I bought a wire drawer organizer, you can buy them at any home supply store (Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond Etc.) Now, if you have a Dollar Tree near you, that is where I bought mine! Yep, $1--fabulous!  I attached the wire drawer organizer to the inside of the cabinet by using picture hooks. Simple, cheap, and a great way to store things using that space in your cabinets!






Scotch Velcro Fastener Roll 

Everecare Sweater Shaver
 

No comments:

Post a Comment